Sunday 20 February 2011

Preparation 'H' - Thailand 2011

Sawadee Krap, which meas 'hello' in Thai speak. It doesn't quite roll off the tongue does it? I always feel a little odd saying 'Crap' to someone you've just met (unless they're from Newcastle of course), but that's the way it is and the people seem to smile when you say it. Preparation H, which of course means 'Preparation for Holidays' and not a strange ointment for sorting out the farmer Giles (although it might be needed after four weeks of spicy hot Thai food). Take a look at the fully loaded 'Blackpool Donkey' in the picture - talk about travelling light. The little 'pully case' is full of Suzanne's toiletries.
Ok then down to business, cos I know you lot and you won't be looking at the blog to see where we've been, what you really want is free tea, preferably in a cup. So here is your easy earner to start things off and a simple 'googling exercise'. Our first stop in Thailand is Koh Chang, but tell me please, what does Koh Chang mean in English type speak?

7 comments:

sissy J said...

Easy, as any Englishman abroad would know...."'Ere mate, d'ya av owt English on yer menu?"

the sis also said...

or it could be summit ta dee with heffalumps

Lynn said...

Well I log on to find out what you two have been up to and am kind of delighted that you dont seem to have wasted your time stuck in front of a computer! (unless my internet skills are lacking and there is a blog of the last 16 days of course!) Hope you are having a fab time...missing all this dull weather for the blue skies and saffron robes of Thailand... Looking forward to seeing you soon... Big hugs Lynn, Peter and Rory x x x x Come and see us soon!

Anonymous said...

eh hello my lovlies,checked last night nothing then today and grat surprise,it,s g keith i thought you,d end up with the case. its gxxreat to see you all fine at home .xxmam ps doll good.

Rusty said...

By God, them shorts have done some miles. Remind me when you get back and I'll treat you to a new pair.

Great to see the Blog active again.

I'm not proud of it, but I've used Google (as per your instruction I may add) and Koh Chang is 'Elephant Island' due to the shape of the headland. I've checked the map (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Amphoe_2307.png) and I assume the headland is named 'Yawning big-nosed teddy bear'?

P.S. Jenny dropped your keys off yesterday. I've been down to check it out and they've left it in quite a mess. I've never seen so many empty cans

:-O

Sissy J said...

Rusty man, did you not see my earlier post about heffalumps? Don't you be trying to claim cups of tea when I just happen to say elephant with a different accent!

Jenny Wren (Wrenster) said...

Ha Ha Paul gotcha...... As S & K are good matey they will know that we don't drink CANS!! ONLY bottles! was that what we left lying round the house?!along with loads of empty takeaway boxes on the Chez.......J XX