Monday 9 June 2008

Home on the range!!

Final pictures on the blog! This is us sitting on the plane from Bombay to London - you kind of know the game is up when you see the Union Jack flying on your wing tip!

And this is our first view of dear old blighty.
That'll be London down there folks!

Flight number 32 of the year was the last one - from Heathrow to Durham-Tees. Here the doors opening and the blurred movement of Ron and Ann coming towards us at a great number of knots!! (Pictures courtesy of Paul and Shirley).











Someone asked in a previous blog 'who would be the most excited at the home coming' - here's your answer! Ann and Suzanne.









Despite the lateness of the hour, our lovely friends came along too, there's Shirley (with bump) and Paul in the background looking for sympathy with a chalk on his slender lady like wrist! Not so much of a CS now eh?




Notice we're all smiling! Shortly after this picture the outside doors opened and a gush of English summertime wind hit us and Elvis and I had problems breathing as our lungs struggled from the cold air.





This is the next day - ahhh look at how pleased me Ma is at having her FAVOURITE sibling back (he he he). My Mam even said I look well despite being two stone lighter and an inch shorter than when I left - but that's what Mothers are for - I may look like I've just been released from a hard labour prison but your Mam doesn't see any of that. By the way - I've an appointment there tonight for a lamb dinner, I'm on the road to restoring the lost pounds!.



Back home and clock the yellow ribbon!







Here we are back in the house - Elvis being carried over the threshold - again!
My secret is out - this is how all those pictures of the both of us were taken - the long arms come in useful!



We couldn't get used to the house - it didn't seem right having more than one room to live in.




On Monday Ann and Ron had a welcome home party at their house. It was fantastic to see all the pale faces from home! Not many pictures unfortunately, just a couple of 'long arm' ones from me!
This is Christopher sporting his new Vietnam hat with Suzanne.









Dear Bloggers,
Well this is it! The last blog will come in two parts because right now I don't have the Internet at home and I can't get the pictures onto the blog from this computer - so look out for the reunion pictures in the next couple of days. We eventually got back to Durham Tees airport at 11:15pm on Sunday the 8th June 2008. It was wonderful to see Mam and Dad Elves and Paul, Shirley and Bump! We went back to our house and had cups of tea for a couple of hours until we all got too tired!

It has been VERY strange the last 24 hours. It's amazing how quickly it all starts to become a dream and 'normal life' edges it's way back.

So have a laugh at the last re-union pictures (they'll appear in this blog soon) and then find someone else to follow around the world you nosey buggers!!

A big thank you to all of you who have followed us around, family, new friends, old friends and some of you we've never met before and may never will. We've really enjoyed writing the blog and loved to get your comments and e-mails. Now all I have to do is work out how to turn the blog into a book - because this is a year we'll never ever want to forget.

Just one little matter to close on, the final cup of tea question. The last COT question is answered with a question!!. The answer was of course: 'Do you mean an African swallow or a European swallow' Anyone who knows their Monty Python will know that. Top marks to Sister Ginny who not only correctly answered the question, she even quoted the famous line 'How do you know so much about swallows!' Full marks Sissy!

Best wishes and love to you all
Keith and Suzanne AKA Hodgie and Elvis xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ps There's plenty of other places in the world we never got to visit - if anyone wants to take up the baton.......

This is blogger control over and OUT.

THE END.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I should be excited at you being home,but I'm too excited being the final blog winner!!! That has to count for something special on the day of reckoning, right?

I was able to see the video, but here's what I want to know....why was that the only video and well, why that of all things?

Dying to see the reunion photos. Get to someone's house and get it done, will ya? But not before you've spent lots of time with Diamond Doll.

Okay, that's me for now. See you in less than two weeks.

Anonymous said...

l felt that l wanted to say hello again by blog although l now have you here at home.when we were waiting for you both to come through the arrivals doors my heart was beating very fast and felt right up there in my mouth,then when you walked through l found myself screaming ,much to the amusment of other passengers.its so good to have you home love you both .mam elves.

Anonymous said...

l felt that l wanted to say hello again by blog although l now have you here at home.when we were waiting for you both to come through the arrivals doors my heart was beating very fast and felt right up there in my mouth,then when you walked through l found myself screaming ,much to the amusment of other passengers.its so good to have you home love you both .mam elves.

Anonymous said...

We agree with Ma Elvis, its so good to have you both back safe and sound.

But whatever will we do without the blog? Do you not fancy blogging yer trip to Menorca?

Love ya's loads!

Shirl, Paul & Co
xxx

Anonymous said...

Not only did Mam Elves say hello by blog, but she said it twice!

But onto another mam....look at the chops on Doris! I never thought she'd ever let her biscuit be captured with a full on beam! Oh what the favourite child can do! Bet she pulls out all the stops for that lamb dinner tonight. I'll probably just get corned beef n tatie pie when I arrive home!

Thems grand reunion photos! It has to be bloomin marvelous to be home!

Anonymous said...

didge says ..nice to see you back home...would have welcomed you back sooner but Euro 2008 is on the telly and you have got to get your priorities right...been really good following round the globe

Anonymous said...

Aye

Finally me ma smiles at the return of no.1 child!

It's been a whole year since I saw anything close to that!!
Paula

Anonymous said...

Had a tear in my eye at the end of your blog..............What a trip eh!?! Have thoroughly enjoyed the daily read .........so much so it has inspired me to step forward and carry the baton..............
Up North in August ........hopefully we can all meet up for a barbie or something like that at Jenny and Andys to get some tips on world travel....Leave on 1st September for............to catch you in your sari..........Until then

Anonymous said...

sorry that should read ....leave for Cook Islands on 1st September

Anonymous said...

Well done that girl...im sure you'll have as much fun...travelling an blogging...as the hodgies did...look forward to it...see you soon big sis..xxxx jen & and xxx

Anonymous said...

Mr.Hodgie,the Outsourcer has been waiting for this day, the COT rewards party!!!!! Since Sissy J would not allow me to stow away in her carry on I am unable to attend but I send a big hello to all and to you especially a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I do hope for the sake of us who couldn't make it there , you add a section of blog for us to see how much fun you all had.I'll be watching for it,The Outsourcer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Keith and Suzanne,

I can't believe your travels have come to an end. It's a weird thing for us, because the only way we've known you is as 'travellers' (and no Keith, not the sort of 'travellers' we mean here in Aus). I hope you've settled back into home, and enjoying catching up with Friends and Family. Remember, if you ever in the wee little place of Bendigo, there's always a bed, and a feed of kangaroo for you (you'll be happy to know that we ate Kangaroo Lasanga for tea last night). Anyway, we're off to bed as Ben starts at 7am tomorrow. My dad tried to find you on Facebook yesterday - he's decided to be a fan. Are you guys on there? Is it big in the UK?

Okay, Bens' giving me the hurry up. Hope you are both well. Talk to ya soon and again

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!