Wednesday 4 July 2007

Birthday boy












Here are a few pictures from my Birthday. Thanks for all the e-mails and best wishes, anyone who forgot have had their names placed in the 'black book'
The day started at 4:15am with a beautiful sunrise. We then had a hike up the biggest mountain - Cadilac Mountain and then the choice was mine for my Birthday meal out. Maine is the lobster capital of the world, so Bob and Suzanne agreed that they would suffer so that I could have a lobster dinner (Suzanne doesn't like the little critters and Bob is allergic to fish and fishy friends) you'll notice though that my Sissy likes the taste of a quality crustation! We then went back to the RV and had a fire - those of you who know me would have guessed that bit. By the way, on the second picture it may look like my kegs has dropped down - but if you click the picture you'll see it's only a strange trick of the light - there probably will be pictures of Elvis and I with thrapper problems when we're in India - but that will be for good reason.
We've been out and about since my birthday and we've done so much and seen such fantastic scenery already that I can hardly keep pace with it - We are going to do a blog summary of the last few days with some of the pictures - I can't do justice to the beauty of this place with a photo, you really do have to climb the mountains and see it for yourself.
Anyway - that's enough from us - we've only got a day left in Maine before we set off to Denver where the Rockies await us! More blogging tomorrow.
Everybody give a big-up to my niece Lindsey who got her results from her teaching degree back today - she got a 2-1, we're very proud of her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dodgey - is the second picture to demonstrate your likeness to primates? (private joke between the cycling fraternity) ;-)

And even though you can clearly see your left arm in the third picture, it's obvious to me that you still leaned round and took it.

It's also good to see that you've still got no consideration for those of us who aren't fish-fanatics. My heart bleeds for Suzanne and Bob.

Anonymous said...

That's enough of the monkey bizness Rusty my boy - I is watchin ya!

Mrs H, do you have the recipe for those most marvellous looking beverages yourself and sis-in-law are about to devour - they look rather speshial!! xxx

Anonymous said...

I would pay money to have that lobster wake up - just enough to get a grip of your snout - FIL

Anonymous said...

Who was the foolish person who asked Suzanne for the recipe for the drinks seen in the photos? "Recipes" and "Suzanne" cannot be used in the same sentence unless there is a recipe for Cheerios!!

Anonymous said...

K Hozzle,

Thats some fancy pants optical illusion ye done there like - bizarre.

I'm back from Lanzarote so I'll be posting now.
Marley sends his love!

J Pizzle (AKA Hovis).