Friday 25 January 2008

Cup of tea questions - answered

Shirley - cup of tea to you, yes we were in the museum because it was too hot outside, well done!

Ginny - a cup of dishwater to you (too weak tea with too much milk and in a plastic cup - ugh - it makes me shiver just thinking of it - nee good for dipping your custard Nana's in). However, another cup of tea to the Sandersfields, Rusty got this one right - it was of course the Germans that climb all over Uluru (and anyone else's national monuments - no change there then).


A winger is simply a miss- spelled whinger!

Ginny - no idea why the 'boy-in -the -bubble' didn't respond. I sent your comment directly to him. All I can think is that he's a big Sunderland fan - so he must be suffering a lot.



Shirley - previously awarded cups of tea have been confiscated due to the rude comment regarding picture 3. Remember the Aunties girl!!

Rusty - derogitory comments regarding steam trains and congratulating Elvis for MY photographs could see you losing your free cups of tea too. You're sailing close to the wind boy.

And finally - yes there are wild camels in the Northern territory. They were brought by the Afghans to help lay the train track (hence the Ghan train) and apparently at the end of their useful term - they were set free.

Elvis here - need to make it clear I had NOTHING to do with the comment regarding kissing and cuddling in the back row - in his dreams!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased you cleared the 'Winger' thing up. Now I have to decide how to respond, now I know what I've been called.

Great responses though - direct and to the point. Clearly you only had a couple of quid in change for the Internet Cafe. What's the chance of converting say, 2 cups of strong tea, into a pint of Guinness? I drink tea all day as it is, and at least if it were Guinness, you'd actually have to put your hand in your pocket. I might even be pursuaded to withdraw said steam train comment.

The 'Boy in the Bubble' knows all about the comments and I can only assume he's pondering over a suitable response. I'll check when I see him the afternoon - he's been to the Docs to have one of the last remaining tubes removed. I'll just not say where from (Auntie's reading).

Paul.

Anonymous said...

Ah, please Hodgie, don't confiscate me cuppa's. It was all Rusty's idea, I thought it was funny at the time, but it was clearly a 'bloke-joke'.

I would like to submit my sincere apologies for any distress that may have been caused for you Auntie's. I am an Auntie myself.

Please find it in your heart to forgive me.

Shirley 'probably have to switch to fruity tea now' Sandersfield
;-) xxx

Anonymous said...

There's nowt wrong with a good cup of dishwater...that's how I like my tea.

You clearly mustn't be heading to Germany on your travels...slamming a whole nation on the blog won't get you too may places to kip for the night!

I still don't get the bit where they don't want you to scale "Uhura" yet they provide a handrail??

My regards to the "Boy in the Bubble". If he gets this last tube out, does that mean he'll finally be over his problems after all these years?

Shirley, you are way too sweet. You can't be grovelling to my brother's demands for a measly cup of tea. Like Paul says, if there was a bit more at stake...well then, perhaps. To get a sense of this, here's what I do. I make sure that when I do answer a "cup of tea" question, I actually have a cup of tea in my hand! Amazing how it trivializes the whole competition!

the whinger

Anonymous said...

Hi guys...its kevin and sarah here..met you in FIJI...:) very impressed with your blog pics and travels..glad you enjoying oz..we loved it and newzealand was wow.!!!
currently in bali, been here a month now and its hot / cheap as chips :):)
been surfing this week and white water rafting yesterday ( not missing blighty one bit :) )...

take care both

kev and sarah...www.getjealous.com/spairman

Elvis jnr, Parkybird n baby Elvis said...

Jen, ask hodge if he can send you a seperate picture of the Uluru handrail thing (If he cant, I can!).
They may supply you with a handrail but it is literally metal poles with a bit of rope attached!!! That's yer handrail. It also gives a lot of people a handy get out clause, i.e "Oh no, i respect the beliefs of the aboriginies too much to climb their rock!". yeah right! Not " Woah. Call that a handrail? I'm bricking it just looking at it!"
The junior Elves