Sunday 13 January 2008

Marvellous Melbourne!

"This is ground control to Major Tom, la la la ", ha ha!!! This is Keith at the museum getting 'up close and personal' with the ant colony - he had to push five kids out of the way to get in! (Free cup of tea to whoever can guess why we were in a museum at Midday?)

After leaving our friends Ben and Justine we took the train to the city and spent a few days seeing the sights. Melbourne is a great little city, supposedly the artistic and sporting capital of Australia! We certainly enjoyed ourselves taking in the city vibe and meandering along the lane ways and alleys, stopping for the occasional beverage and odd piece of cake of course, it would be rude not to!









This is the Princes Bridge crossing over the Yarra River.














This is the Southgate Footbridge, a bit modern eh?


The Melbourne skyline. These photos were taken at about 7pm with temperatures still in the mid 20's - ohh lovely!















This is the harbour at St Kilda. It's a trendy little suburb with a great palm-lined beach and numerous bars and cafes. Elvis and I fitted in no bother!










This is me taking drastic measures with the excessive temperatures. It's a new sunscreen called 'Factor 100'! I think it's going to catch on!







Oh such beautiful sunsets in this country!































This is Queen Victoria Gardens where Elvis and I enjoyed a tasty little picnic followed by a snooze - let me tell you this travelling malarkey is exhausting!!










9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that game didn't take long to win. By my calculations the people of UK will be snoozing, as it's probably 2:30 in the morning. Unlike us who are sitting enjoying the perfect weather at 1:30 in the afternoon. Keith, thanks for the tip off. i won't tell if you don't. Well i'm off for a hot stone's massage at the day spa - a hard life, but someone must do it.The pictures of Melbourne look great, but i must admit i haven't read it all yet, as i needed to beat everyone to make a comment. Enjoy the Red!

Justine.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Another competitor...and one who gets tip offs! I set my alarm for the middle of the night (just in case!), and this is what happens! That's it....I'm not playing anymore!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Paul!

Anonymous said...

I'd call you both wingers but I'm not sure how you would take it.

Anonymous said...

It all depends on what a winger is and who Skippy is.

Anonymous said...

Imposter!

Someone is pretending to be me and start conversations when I'm asleep. Could it be Ozzy humour or could it be the obvious. Sissy J just happened to comment 1 minute after I apparently did! I actually had a bad night's sleep - perhaps I'm worrying about this competition at a sub-concious level. Scary.

I thought it was just Mr Hodgson who liked to stir it up a bit. But it must be a family trait.

Skippy - 'winger' - how did you know I play right-wing on a 'soccer' field.

The real Paul ;)

Anonymous said...

Hodge,

In the first picture, were you trying to get some idea of what it was like for Hovis in the first few years of his life?

Rust

Anonymous said...

Eeee my goodness, all that competitiveness made them all miss the most important 'free cup of tea' question.

(My hand up in the air frantically), "Me Miss, Me Miss, I know, I know....The reason you were both in a museum at midday...erm....was it becauuuuuse...it was....SO HOT OUTSIDE?!!"

(To myself) I hope there are jam & cream scones with my cuppa :-). It was worth being off work today to win that one.

Sunset pic is amazing Billies, lovely silhouette of Elvis. xxx

Love Ya's
Shirley Von Curley

Anonymous said...

I see Hovis mentioned in the comments section. Keith, wasn't he the poor lad you told me about who spent his first years of his childhood in a bubble? I still think of him and how awful it must have been. And isn't he called Hovis because he used to like scrape out the insides of a loaf of bread and put chips in it?

Oooh this blog is fun!!