Monday 26 May 2008

Even Further into Rajasthan!

27th May - current status - we're now in Kerala, South India back on the coast!

These photos were taken in Udaipur which is known as the Venice of the West. It's a seductive little number with Lake Pichola as its centrepiece and surrounded by the beautiful Aravilli hills.


Have mercy on us poor explorers - temperatures are now reaching 45 degrees on a daily basis.


This is a view from Jagminda island looking back to the mainland. Used to be a palace but now a fancy pants retaurant.


A sneaky little picture I took of someone sitting relaxing, enjoying the view.

Sunset over the lake. Sunsets can be quite odd here, there's so much pollution in the air that just when you think the sun is going to hit the horizon and colour the sky - it totally disappears!



Elvis and I sitting in the city palace enjoying - well you're not going to believe this - A FREE CUP OF TEA!! Patrons that pay for the museum get a free beverage and there's only one beverage as far as us English are concerned.

Speaking of tea, for a free cup of tea with a difference, this time it's a guessing game. So without using google (now be honest - especially the Outsourcer and Rusty!) have one guess each at which 'James Bond' film used this location below, the Lake Palace? If you're all wrong, then you can have another guess in the next blog. Now don't guess 'The Spy That Shagged Me' because that's not a James Bond film!!



This is the Lake Palace with the lights on. We were sitting in the city palce having a cup of tea watching the most fantastic sunset.


Now then - what do you reckon is going on here? I remember when I was about 6 years old in school drawing pictures of how the Egyptians used to irrigate fields, I never thought I would actually witness one in use. A free cup of tea if you can tell me the name of this device. I can't contemplate what it must be like to do that job for hours on end! Even computer programming is more interesting than that!



This photo is taken in a famous Jain temple in Ranakpur. It's carved using white marble and has 1444 pillars with no two alike! There's the bell that the bloke in the previous blog hid down the front of his smock!

Happy Birthday to Jayne and hello to Un Big One and Dave checking the blog from Spain - eeh it's amazing isn't it technology! Hope you're all enjoying the Spanish coast.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes - we have loads of sympathy for you trapse-ing (is that a word?) round the world seeing everything first hand that we can only see in pictures, or Blogs! It's nearly June here, and the one recent day of sunshine we've had was spoilt by cold winds. Try putting a Gazebo up in winds liek that, and with no instructions - neetmare. Sorry, but sympathy is not one of the words I'd use.

Bit of a guess from my Geography days, is the irrigation thing a Shaduf?

And I've nee idea about the James Bond question. I'll make myself a cup of tea instead, milk, sugar - shaken, not stirred.

I've been debating this line, but I can't resist. I can't believe the size of that blokes bell. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaah you poor poor explorers, my heart is certainly bleeding for you both.

When my electric blanket has heated my bed sufficiently for me to enter, dressed in thick winsiette pajamis and I've stopped shivvering, then I might think about how hard you both have it at the minute!!
See you soon
Paula
x

Anonymous said...

A free cup of tea?!...and nee questions...how did that happen?!

Bet it wasn't as nice as Paul's new 'Loose Leaf Tea' though! Neva mind tea-bags...more like schmee-bags.

"A scoop for each cup and one for the pot" as the saying goes, eh Paul!! he he

Mrs S

(I know its late and 1hr 33mins past my bedtime, but Baby S is wriggling all ower and my feet are like 2 hot tatties in a chimenea!)

Anonymous said...

The Outsource is taking a crack at the James Bond film, is it Octopussy?

Anonymous said...

Seems like you made a bit of a blunder asking for sympathy for the poor travellers....I see there's tons of pity being sent your way! So much so, I hear there's a move afoot to form a cheering line along your driveway when you both head back to work on your first day back....that's the kind of pity we're talking about!

What fun are cup of tea questions if we can't Google? And why all of a sudden can't we Google? (on the subject of Googling, tell me Paul just happened to remember a Shaduf from his geography days!! Ha'way man!) However to be a sport, I asked the Lord Farquar his guess (seeing as I've never watched one Bond movie mesell lank), and he says Octopussy also. He didn't even hesitate....but then he gets all his background to Bond from Austin Powers (whose movies he knows word for word!) You're lucky the outsourcer is still playing the game...she's still smarting from having been smacked blog-wide for something that she still insists is correct.

On this 45 degree heat thing...do you have accomodations with AC or do you lie in bed sweating like Fat Ba**tard in a chip shop?

Anonymous said...

to the above that would be a "Cake shop" in suzannes case....

Anonymous said...

Just a wild guess but would that device be an automatic ox tenticle washer? No, I didn't google this one either.

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to understand a little of what you two are going through. The temperature has risen considerably here today...it's now 16oC and it's almost June.....PHEW we're sweating!!! Thank God it's lashing it down or the grass would burn.
Please, bring on the cold front I'm too hot. How on earth you two manage I have no idea.
Paula