Saturday 13 October 2007

"A drink in The Feathers Dave?"





These are some new friends we met in Wellington, Chrissie and Mick Bell are friends of friends in Sunderland, so we met up with them at the pub 'The Feathers', Lynda (with Suzanne) is Chrissie and Mick's friend (and our personal travel consultant for the South Island). We had a great night just talking about anything and everything - over a few beers. Mick worked in the Computer section at Sunderland, so we had some common ground (by the way Mick - Herbie did write the library system!). Hopefully we'll meet again when we have more time because we were leaving early the next day for the ferry to the South Island - which is the subject of another blog!

Thanks for a great night you three - Elvis really enjoyed having someone else to talk to!!

My nephew Ryan is a big 'Royle Family' fan - so he'll be interested in the pub 'The Feathers' - before you ask Ryan 'Yes they do have Sky 1,2 and 3 - they've got the bloody lot man Dave"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Keith and Suzanne

Bumped into CB round at Sainsbury's about a fortnight ago and he sent me the details for the site. Wish he hadn't, I can't get any work done. Feel like I've been on holiday with you except I haven't got the tan to go with it.

Keep the pictures coming
Take care
Laurie and Sue.

Anonymous said...

Hey u guys!
Thanks for the birthday wishes. 27 eh, can't bloody believe it! Well im sitting here struggeling to keep my eyes open and it's only twenty past five. Ihave never had so much work to do in my life, it's a nightmare. I would like to say it's getting easier but it's not. It's the week before half term here so this week iv got to do parents evening whic im not looking forward to at all. I also have to prepare my first class mass in church which wasn't easy either! Anyway, enough doom and gloom! The stranger in the picture u asked about at nana and bomba's birthday is my boyfriend David, we have been going out about a year now but u know me im a bit of a dark horse at times. So that was his first introduction to the family. Well as a suprise for my birthday he has booked a trip to Rome for us, needless to say im ower the moon as i havn't had anywhere near my usual ten holidays a year this year! We go on Monday and get back on Thursday so at least i have something good to look forward to while im off school, not a patch on New Zeland like but outs better than this joint!!!

Ok essay over. I will try and keep in touch as much as i can, sorry iv been slacking lately!
Much love
Lindsey Loo xxx

Anonymous said...

Hanbinator said...........

Those pictures of Kiwi Land look amazing.
Cannot see any cycling going on.

Did you know Pete Eglintine is now a GRANDY...........